December 15, 2014

Elmo Makes Music - Genting International Showroom (Review)

(Photo from Google)


Little A loves Sesame Street. She especially loves the fury little Red Monster, Elmo. So bila kitorang dapat tau pasal this Sesame Street Show: Elmo Makes Music that was coming to Malaysia, of course lahh we will go kan...

The show is from 28 Nov 2014 to 3 Jan 2015. We went on the first day itself (tak sabar punya pasal kan), which was on the 28th Nov. We bought the tickets online, so we had to pick up the physical tickets first from their counters before we can go it. They have some Sesame Street merchandises sold there too, kalau siapa nak beli buat kenangan la. We bought a t-shirt for Little A that costed us RM50 (what a rip-off, I'll tell you why later).

Anyway about the show. We went in a little bit earlier, and it was lucky we did so as we had a chance to take photo with Elmo and Cookie Monster! Initially I thought Little A was gonna be afraid of the big monsters in costumes but heck, selama je dia pegi salam, siap tak nak turun lagi after our turn dah habis. Your own phone/camera are obviously not allowed, so you have to buy those photos, it will cost you RM35 per photo, but it was well worth it to have a memoir with Elmo and Cookie Monster! (You can also take photos during intermission or after the show ends).

The show is one hour, with a 15-minutes intermission. Well what can I say, it was great, with all classic songs from Sesame Street, but I think we parents were more excited than the little one! Haha. She couldn't sit still almost throughout the entire show, she keeps wanting to go down to stage, saying "I wanna go see and play with Elmo!". So imagine trying to watch the show and at the same time trying to keep your little beast from running down to the stage. One hour felt like such a long time I tell you. But like I said, the show was great, it's just that we didn't get to fully enjoy the experience because our Little A wasn't at her best behaviour. We thought that she would sit quietly watching the show since she loves them so much but boy, were we wrong. Nampaknya masih belum la boleh Mommy and Daddy nak bawa tengok wayang ye...

(This was the only photo that I got to take with my phone, AFTER the show ended. You are not allowed to take photo or video during the show, and naturally being the law abiding citizen that I am *coughs*, we did not. It was dark anyway hence the poor quality of the photo.)


So anyway, if you are in Malaysia and you have kids that love Sesame Street, why not go and see the musical. They don't come very often so yeah, why not? At the time of writing, the show is still going on, it will be until 3 Jan 2015, so it's not too late! You can get your tickets from the Resorts World website here. Ticket prices starts at RM88 and children under 3 gets admitted for free. (a note, please disable your pop-up blocker when buying tickets from their websites).

I'll probably write about our Genting trip as well when I have some time.

Oh yeah before I forget, why did I say the RM50 t-shirt was a rip-off? Because the quality is quite bad! The neck of the t-shirt went all wonky after the 1st wash! Honestly, I'm the type who doesn't mind paying a bit more for clothes if I knew the quality is good, but RM50 for poor quality tshirt, sangatlah tidak berbaloi! But we didn't really have much choice, sebab I didn't want to get plush toys, tu lagi buang duit, so I thought t-shirt boleh pakai. But baru lepas basuh sekali dah jadi buruk :( buat t-shirt tidur je la jadinya...


0 comments:

Post a Comment